Monday, March 23, 2020

Using the Moon for Magick

People have been following the phases of the moon since recorded time.  World religions, our calendars, and rituals follow the moon's cycles or "phases."

The moon runs in thirteen cycles every year.

Wicca practitioners follow the moon when spellcasting.  Spells that are seeking growth, romance, money, abundance, etc will happen during the WAXING MOON.

Spells concerned with getting rid of negativity will happen during the WANING MOON.

The moon WAXES from right to left.  This means that it appears to grow rounder for fourteen days, culminating on the FULL MOON.

The FULL MOON is a peak time for "gaining" magick work.

The NEW MOON is a peak time for "banishing" magick work.

The NEW MOON is when there is no moon in the sky.


Take a look outside this month and notice the moon.  Notice how bright or dark the world is around you during these phases.

1 comment:

Marisa R said...

Whenever it is a full moon, I can never fall asleep. For as long as I can remember, I struggle with falling asleep on full moon days. Perhaps while I lay awake, I can at least manifest and gain something from it now that I know that it is the peak time.